New Tribes repack 9

News about the website, forum, and/or whatever I feel like, goes here.

Moderator: Sonikku

phantom
Site Admin

New Tribes repack 9

Postby phantom » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:01 am

Tribes Repack release 9 is out now. Get it here (458 MB).

PATCHES:
OLDER VERSIONS (repack 1 to repack 7) MUST USE BOTH PATCHES (The patches are only for updating old repack versions; if you do not have the repack, do not download them)
A patch to update older versions of the repack to version 8 is here (79 MB).
A patch to update version 8 to version 9 is here (1.2 MB).

(On Windows Vista and Windows 7, the installer must be run as administrator in order to function.)

Changes in release 9 (September 23, 2010):
-Added new buffered screen-print functions to allow longer on screen messages from the server.
-Modifications/improvements to Presto Pack.

Recent changes in my main RPG server (since last repack update):
-The following have been adjusted for the repack 9's longer print abilities: "View your stats", "bottom/top print battle messages", "#w", "#getset".
-Replaced the original potions in shops and enemy drops with the new belt-based potions.
-There are now elemental runes (dropped from enemy mages), which can be used for smithing as well as being consumable for skill in their element.
-There are now rune armours, Which can be made by smithing 6 of a type of rune + 1 chain mail.
-Several afk training spots in enemy zones have been altered to prevent cheating/afk training.
-It is now possible to get a list/menu of items you can smith, by using #smith (with no text following) at an anvil.

LilCorey

Postby LilCorey » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:50 pm

how do i use that star wars mod? and all the others?? :?:
ahh i remember when tribes was the newest game on the block.. lets bring it back

phantom
Site Admin

Postby phantom » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:53 pm

LilCorey wrote:how do i use that star wars mod? and all the others?? :?:

starwars rpg and war40k don't come with any maps, so you can't host them yourself (only join servers that host them; they don't seem to get hosted much though). The others might take a bit of tinkering, with trying to run tribes.exe -mod starwars (for dedicated: tribes.exe -mod starwars -dedicated tatooine2) (tatooine2 is the name of one of the maps). I'm not 100% sure how much of that will work though.

I mainly just touch rpg mod and rmrpg mod (which has some problems; the HUDs from rmrpg end up overwriting base tribes huds and stay that way until you delete config/play.gui).

Return to “News”