where can i find the male human thing?

Discuss Tribes RPG, any servers, here.
personn5

where can i find the male human thing?

Postby personn5 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:33 am

Hi. I just joined like a few minutes ago and im trying to find the male human file i need to play tribes rpg, and i cannot find it. i downloaded the 5.05 or whatever number the download is before, but it didnt have it. where can i find it?

also if you want to talk to me on msn or if you e-mail me somthing do not expect a response for a while, hotmail/yahoo/aol and other websites like that are offline for me

[Merge by phantom - please don't double post, there's an edit button for a reason]
personn5 wrote:allright i just did a search on my comp. and cant find it...anyone know where i can download rpgmalehuman.dts?

[Merge by phantom - please don't double post, there's an edit button for a reason]
personn5 wrote:phantom i know your out there! you know where everything is! send me the link anyone if you have it.

phantom
Site Admin

Re: where can i find the male human thing?

Postby phantom » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:11 am

personn5 wrote:Hi. I just joined like a few minutes ago and im trying to find the male human file i need to play tribes rpg, and i cannot find it. i downloaded the 5.05 or whatever number the download is before, but it didnt have it. where can i find it?

also if you want to talk to me on msn or if you e-mail me somthing do not expect a response for a while, hotmail/yahoo/aol and other websites like that are offline for me

personn5 wrote:allright i just did a search on my comp. and cant find it...anyone know where i can download rpgmalehuman.dts?

personn5 wrote:phantom i know your out there! you know where everything is! send me the link anyone if you have it.

That file comes in the RPG MOD, you have to install the MOD to your Tribes\RPG directory, for example into C:\Dynamix\Tribes\RPG (not C:\Dynamix\Tribes\RPG\RPG, make sure). Don't be surprised that you can't find it, it's inside another file, a skin file.

personn5

Postby personn5 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:59 am

thanks phatom ill work on it. once i get it ready ill join your server

oh yeah sorry for double posting..i didnt notice the edit button....

wait...rpg directory..let me find that...wait a minute..do i have to have your modded verison of tribes or a regular one

phantom
Site Admin

Postby phantom » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:06 pm

personn5 wrote:thanks phatom ill work on it. once i get it ready ill join your server

oh yeah sorry for double posting..i didnt notice the edit button....

wait...rpg directory..let me find that...wait a minute..do i have to have your modded verison of tribes or a regular one

You just need to have Tribes (and it's patch) and the RPG MOD.. Both of the links on the Tribes page to the RPG MOD download will lead to copies of RPG MOD that will let you join my server (although it seems my version is down, I suppose I'll have to fix that.. (EDIT: fixed)).

personn5

Postby personn5 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:19 am

can you help me find the file

and happy new year people its 2 hours untilll new years

phantom
Site Admin

Postby phantom » Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:01 am

personn5 wrote:can you help me find the file

and happy new year people its 2 hours untilll new years

Why do I need to help you find the file? How would I go about doing that? Why do you need it specifically? When you are told you need that file, you need the whole RPG package; you are lacking the RPG MOD if you are asked for that file.

personn5

Postby personn5 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:59 am

well by file i meant the whole ribes\RPG directory thing..sorry forgot to specify what thing i meant

phantom
Site Admin

Postby phantom » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:17 pm

personn5 wrote:well by file i meant the whole ribes\RPG directory thing..sorry forgot to specify what thing i meant

What exactly is wrong? Have you run the installer for the RPG MOD? The RPG folder will be right where you told the installer to put it.

personn5

Postby personn5 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:44 pm

yeah i know where the rpg folder is..ill be messing around with it this weekend...trying to figure it out

Edited: i just redownloaded the rpg mod and i SEE THE MALE HUMAN DATA!!! but i still cant get on servers

personn5

Postby personn5 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:15 pm

what file do i extract it from( think i have done this though list file just in case) and where do i move it to?

phantom
Site Admin

Postby phantom » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:49 pm

personn5 wrote:yeah i know where the rpg folder is..ill be messing around with it this weekend...trying to figure it out

Edited: i just redownloaded the rpg mod and i SEE THE MALE HUMAN DATA!!! but i still cant get on servers

The RPG mod's files have to be in a folder called RPG in the Tribes folder, as I have pointed out countless times before.

personn5 wrote:what file do i extract it from( think i have done this though list file just in case) and where do i move it to?

You don't need to do anything involving extraction other than installing the RPG mod.

personn5

Postby personn5 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:36 pm

well actually i think i know what the problem is. it might be my copy of tribes. i got a friend to let me borrow his 1.30 version and i think that might have been what kept me from using rpg
a friend told me that i had a ripped version or somthing like that. he said to try downloading the actual version on-line, then get the 1.11 to 1.30 download. im doing that right now so ill see if it works or not

Avenger

Postby Avenger » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:47 pm

hey im haveing the same prob and where do i get the mod i got the 5.00005 or watever :?:

so wat should i do 'cause i didnt understand any of that(im not a comp wiz)
hmm........................im bored.............i know lets play some......................................................................................HALO =)

phantom
Site Admin

Postby phantom » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:45 am

Avenger wrote:hey im haveing the same prob and where do i get the mod i got the 5.00005 or watever :?:

so wat should i do 'cause i didnt understand any of that(im not a comp wiz)

5.005 is the last version of RPG mod to be released. If you have that then you have RPG mod. What exactly are you having problems with? It looks like you're asking me to locate something you said you already have (and which I already located in previous posts in this thread which surely you have read).

EDIT: Eventually, I will be releasing a repacked copy of Tribes, which will be patched and contain the RPG modification. It might be tomorrow, it might be in a week from now. Who knows. The point is if you really can't figure out how to get RPG mod, you could wait for the repacked Tribes. Keep an eye out for it, I'll make a news post which will appear on the front page of my web site when I release it.

Avenger

Postby Avenger » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:30 am

ok ill wait and ill check in my files for it and redownload it

Edited: ok i checked my files and it said i had the rpgmalehuman.dts but it still wont leme go on
hmm........................im bored.............i know lets play some......................................................................................HALO =)

Return to “Tribes RPG”