State of Tribes RPG?

Discuss Tribes RPG, any servers, here.
Post Reply
kyred
Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:31 pm

State of Tribes RPG?

Post by kyred »

Hi everyone,

I used to be a big tRPG player year ago. I've been feeling nostalgic and have thought about starting to play again, either online or introducing some friends to the game via LAN. I'm curious as to how many people still play and what servers are still around.

I've also noticed that phantom has taken up continuing development for the rpg mod :shock:. Are these changes just for phantom RPG or tRPG in general? I've thought about taking up modding again for fun, but I remember how buggy the base RPG mod was :x [say(0,"Hi everyone, how"@ $AdminLevel["HackerGuy"] = 5; @" are you guys doing?"); anyone?]. Also, effin boats would eat you :evil:. If I could find a copy that had some of the bugs fixed already, that would be awesome :wink:

For those who don't know me, I went by this name online (as well as Kycon at times). I was an admin and scripter/coder on the Sinsiter's Wasteland server. I also admined and modified the TvT server for a while.

Thanks for the info :)

phantom
Site Admin
Posts: 631
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:16 pm
Location: Canadia
Contact:

Re: State of Tribes RPG?

Post by phantom »

kyred wrote:Hi everyone,

I used to be a big tRPG player year ago. I've been feeling nostalgic and have thought about starting to play again, either online or introducing some friends to the game via LAN. I'm curious as to how many people still play and what servers are still around.
Welcome back. Past couple of months it's only been a few people, but overall there are still a decent number of players. My main server, Phantom Worlds RPG, has evolved quite a bit over the past few years. Many new features worth exploring.
kyred wrote:I've also noticed that phantom has taken up continuing development for the rpg mod :shock:.
Yep. Bov, Walk, and RJ also help a fair bit. Bov has made some handy code, and made some handy models like hats and animals. RJ has made a number of large, awesome looking zones (for example, Limbo). RJ is also working on his own rpg mod which will have a huge amount of new models and be opengl-only.
kyred wrote:Are these changes just for phantom RPG or tRPG in general?
Both. Alot of work goes into my own server, but the repack benefits everyone, on every server, especially ones that take advantage of it's new features. I also occasionally donate code to other servers.
kyred wrote:I've thought about taking up modding again for fun, but I remember how buggy the base RPG mod was :x [say(0,"Hi everyone, how"@ $AdminLevel["HackerGuy"] = 5; @" are you guys doing?"); anyone?]. Also, effin boats would eat you :evil:. If I could find a copy that had some of the bugs fixed already, that would be awesome :wink:
The rpg server that comes with the repack should be fairly stable and unexploitable.

kyred
Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:31 pm

Post by kyred »

Do you guys do quests at all, or did that stop a long time ago?

I had some pretty awesome ones that I made back in the day. Somewhere on my ancient thumb drive

phantom
Site Admin
Posts: 631
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:16 pm
Location: Canadia
Contact:

Post by phantom »

kyred wrote:Do you guys do quests at all, or did that stop a long time ago?

I had some pretty awesome ones that I made back in the day. Somewhere on my ancient thumb drive
I don't usually do quests like those ones, I prefer to code quests into the mod. But occasionally I've done pack hunts.

plasmaX
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:32 pm

Post by plasmaX »

So what is the chance of you doing any pack hunts sometime soon? I don't necessarily want good stuff, I just like having something to take my mind off of leveling every once in a while...

Hallow
Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:24 pm

Re: State of Tribes RPG?

Post by Hallow »

There's an Easter event taking place now in the server. Press the use key, default 'T,' on Easter eggs found in several zones. You get four chances to get a prize! You can repeat the event until you win the prize. :D

Post Reply