EasyCast.cs

Discuss Tribes RPG, any servers, here.
kyred

EasyCast.cs

Postby kyred » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:37 pm

This is a script that I made a long time ago. It is designed to allow you to treat spells just like weapons (ie. you use the mouse button to cast spells, and you can scroll through your spells with the mouse wheel). It can be configured in came by using the ! command. Just use !help in game for the list.

To use the script, press alt+c to change between normal and spell mode. When in spell mode, your mouse button casts your currently selected spell. And the mouse wheel can change your spell. You'll need to add spells to lists using !addspell spellname listindex

You can also use the !swing command to toggle whether or not you will swing your weapon in spell mode. In other words, you can swing your weapon and cast spells at the same time. Very useful with the beam spell!

http://filesmelt.com/dl/EasyCast.cs

kyred

Postby kyred » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:38 pm

Oh! Also, if the script ever screws up, just delete the EasyCastSettings.cs file from your config folder.

phantom
Site Admin

Postby phantom » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:03 pm

I can see how this might be useful in servers that don't have #set, yes.

kyred

Postby kyred » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:12 pm

It is similar to #set. However, I find using the mouse button to use spells to be extremely helpful, while keeping #set for potions. It also lets you set up spell categories, for organization (ie. fire, ice, lighting, etc.)

Also, for the record, this script does not let you auto-cast. You still have to be at your computer and using your mouse button in order to cast.

Return to “Tribes RPG”