AFK Check

Zerin

AFK Check

Postby Zerin » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:34 pm

Hey phantom, would it be possible to add some sort of countdown to the AFK check that wouldnt effect game play, even if it was like 3 seconds? I'm always getting caught, and I'm not the only one, where I'll be clicking my mouse to attack and the AFK check pops up and I end up clicking a wrong answer.

Especially frustrating today fighting a mage bot, after it resisting my spells over and over, finally got it down to LCKing only to be sent to limbo for missing the check because of an accidental click :(

A timer would at least give heads up to stop clicking for when the check pops up. Just an idea.

phantom
Site Admin

Re: AFK Check

Postby phantom » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:46 am

Well, I guess I could do that. But the AFK check isn't supposed to be that bad if you don't stand perfectly still for a really long time while "fighting".

Zerin

Postby Zerin » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:52 am

Ya, it isn't. In the case I mentioned, this was the only time it popped up during my whole time fighting in that zone but was frustrating none the less.

It does happen to me a lot during mining, when you would be standing in the same spot for maybe 30-60 seconds before adjusting and where there is the expected higher frequency of checks.

Would be appreciated if you get the time.

phantom
Site Admin

Postby phantom » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:17 pm

Zerin wrote:It does happen to me a lot during mining, when you would be standing in the same spot for maybe 30-60 seconds before adjusting and where there is the expected higher frequency of checks.

Well it's pretty unlikely you'll mess up due to the afk check during mining. There's little reason to be pressing number keys, all you need to do is hold in the mouse button and move around a little.

Zerin

Postby Zerin » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:00 am

Well the afk fails due to number keys are my own fault because of key binds (which I'm changing). With the mining, I'll usually stop to talk or throw away cheap gems and can get caught the odd time.

This isn't a huge problem thats ruining game play or anything, just something I thought might be handy. :D

Return to “Phantom Worlds RPG (TribesRPG.org server)”