Hi, I have some noob questions

Bigiss

Hi, I have some noob questions

Post by Bigiss »

Hey everyone!

I am a newish player and I have some noob questions! I started as a Thief, which may have been not the best of decisions, but I'm sticking with it for now. I'm currently up to level 36.

On to my dumb questions:
1) My thief has a shite Crafting skillup rate. Is there a reasonable way to grind large amounts of crafting xp? Will I continue to get Crafting XP making massive amounts of like Simple Arrows? Seems like the cheapest / lowest crafting combine I can do en masse, though thats A LOT of trees to chop... Seems like I can make a bunch of money repairing broken weapons and then selling them, which is why I'm looking to grind crafting up a bit.

2) DEF: what does it do / how does it work? I presume I should always be getting the highest DEF armor I can wear? It is flat damage reduction to physical damage I take?

3) Dodging: I have like 330 points in Dodging right now, and I'm not sure how actually useful this stat is. Is there an estimated percentage of attacks I should be dodging with capped Dodge? I'm still getting hit > 50% of enemy swings on me (I have not tested what this percentage really is), which seems like I'm getting hit a lot for the point investment thus far.

4) Weapon Reach: I see there is a potential to boost Reach when reforging weapons, but do different weapons (at least different pierce weapons) have different ranges? If so, is there a way to see that value?

5) Does my Pierce skill value effect how often my swings will land? I still seem to miss a fair but, that could be because I am just continually fighting harder monsters...

6) When you remort, do all your stats reset to base values, or will I still be able to use my good gear? I'm assuming it resets, but figured I should ask.

I have read the Guide, and its very helpful :)

Thanks,
-Bigiss

Bigiss

Re: Hi, I have some noob questions

Post by Bigiss »

Oh, also: When partying is XP shared in any way?

Bigiss

Post by Bigiss »

And whos got tips and tricks about how to catch the griffon thing? I see it appears to fly the same route and sometimes it 'catches' on some high up walls... Do I just wait there ready to mount it?

Bigiss

Post by Bigiss »

I caught the dragon. Its dope.

Amazon

Post by Amazon »

1. Crafting can be done at a blacksmith for 10% of the skill + coins if need be. Otherwise just wait to have some remorts and you can level it up easier with SP.

2. DEF will reduce the damage taken from a physical attack by a random amount 0-100% of your total armor, divided by 10 plus 1.

Code: Select all

%ab = (getRandom() * (fetchData(%damagedClient, "DEF") / 10)) + 1;
3. (and 5). Your chance to hit and dodge scales with each skill. Every time you try to hit with a Piercing weapon, it will do a check vs their Dodging skill. I don't have the exact formula on this one, I think it's roughly 1:1 ? (i.e. 1000 pierce will be equal to 1000 dodge)

4. Yes, if you catalog the weapon it will say what kind of weapon it is (for example Sword and Polearm). I believe all the ranges are 2, and Polearms are 3.

5. See 3

6. Remorting will reset all of your skills to your current multipliers, and add 0.1 to each one.